- Sign books in & out.
- New Memberships processed
- Promote the Library and its programs.
- Put away returned books that are on the trolley.
- If you wish, begin to participate in cataloging
- Greet and serve visitors
- check volunteer handbook and write in any changes/additions/suggestions
- Tidy and move books to fit shelving
- re-stock books for sale in front lobby
- help with book sales
All volunteers will “shadow” a seasoned volunteer until such time they feel comfortable to work alone. It is recommended there should be two volunteers at each time of the schedule.
All volunteers are to have a police check. Oromocto RCMP detachment will do it for free if you tell them you are going to volunteer at the Library. If you plan to get one anywhere else, you may need a letter from the Library. Just ask us for one.
All volunteers are to only do what they feel comfortable doing. We believe this is to be a good social time and everyone needs to feel part of our team.
Any ideas volunteers have to enhance or change the Library can be initiated by individuals once they’ve cleared it through the Committee Members responsible for the day-to-day working of the Library:
Brenda Dunsmore (Chairperson)
Carole Sharpe (Vice-Chairperson)
If you wish to become a volunteer, please contact one of the committee members above to obtain an application.